The VDF-GUIdance website is under development again (yes!)
Current version is based on the seawax platform with internal revision 0.92, it took a long time before the switch over to seawax happened. This is a much smoother base platform as the old webapp.
The current status? Have it support at least the same as the old webapp, minus a bunch of annoying bugs meanwhile making the website easier to use. ~ Wil, July 2015
More details are below at "List of Changes"
The previous version of the Web Application was version 3 build 16, dated May 31, 2002 (yes a webapp that ran and ran and ran for over 13 years...)
There are still a couple of known bugs in the system and a number of features that we want to implement in the future.
We have added a list of To-Do's and known bugs in here, in order to give you an idea about what still needs to be done.
These are listed in no particular order and may change as part of the list also many years old.
List of Changes
2015/10/17 - Wiki engine now also supports https for autolinking and named links.
2015/10/07 - Select uploaded image on contribution was broken.
2015/10/02 - Adding contribution threw error as it had a reference to a table that is not in the save structure (thanks Raphael for the report). Publish contribution threw a rt error on trying to use the persists mail component, switched to not depend on persists anymore. Fix display draft posts for users when logged in as user.
2015/07/27 - Removed Google Advertisements from the site. According to google the site generated 44 euro cents in 11 days of which 42 cents was from somebody clicking an ad, most likely by accident.
Just got an email that I had to add a "this site has cookies" popup according to EU regulations.
Too much trouble for maybe 20 euro's/year, easier to just remove the cruft.
2015/07/23 - Sync with Seawax webshop code (without the webshop parts) this improves seawax logging so that we can better track errors.
2015/07/21 - Edit summary for contribution was only offered for Admin, now contributor can edit as well.
2015/07/21 - Contribution page, fixed aligning on Google ad, added a style and text header.
2015/07/16 - Fix new user credentials to have enough credentials to actually work, with thanks to Raphael Theiler for reporting.
2015/07/16 - Added Google AdSense advertisements to main page, most top level pages and the contribution page.
2015/07/15 - By default now newest contribution is on top in the packages/software etc.. so that they also behave like the What's New section. The order can be changed. In addition you can now also hide the details in the list so that it is easier to find what you are after.
2015/07/15 - The ability to edit the contribution summary was lost after our migration. This has been addressed.
2015/07/15 - Admin, capability to filter search engines out of current session overview.
2015/07/15 - Admin, a button to generate a sitemap.xml and robots.txt for our search engine overlords.
2015/07/11 - Removed "publish" button if contribution already published.
2015/07/11 - The print buttons on the pages did include to much CSS, causing the background to be in black.
2015/07/11 - Removed the "read more" links on the overview pages, you now click on the subject to view the details. The details page now also has a summary with the former details at the top right of the page.
2015/07/10 - Changed wiki parser to insert DataFlex icon when the download file is a DataFlex file, such as .pkg, .vw, .rv, .dg, .dd, .sl
2015/07/10 - Fix the missing http prefix on some of the author website URL by inserting them when displaying author site.
Higher up from here we're no longer working on "build" bases, but using continuous operations model. Dates are military format.
Build 16 List of Changes
- A new CMS engine introduced, this engine is based on the so called wiki wiki interface. Wiki is Hawaiian for quick, so basically enables the end-user to write richly formatted texts really quickly. A WYSIWYG interface is one of its possibilities.
- The textsize of all elements are now increased to 4096 characters
- A new stylesheet is in use, the biggest change is the increase in fontsize
- The file-upload part is improved, but still WIP, it now shows the files with size and date in your repository.
- improved the performance of our parser dll with about 50%
- The VDF external_function definition call didn't take into account that the parsed string could be slightly bigger as the original. As a result of this GPFs occured when the dll tried to write the parsed string.
- The code in the dll had some recursive problems in regard with named urls.
- The wiki dll now guards against users not closing any of their formatting tags thus making sure that valid Html is outputted at any time.
- Fixed a problem with unordered lists not automatically closing the tags at a new line
- Added Super- and sub-scripting formatting options to the wiki tags
- Added an option for a printer friendly page on a normal page template.
- Changed colors of links to better match the rest of the colorscheme
- The Menu now shows the currently selected page
- Increased the size of the edit fields while editing for a better overview
- fixed various wiki bugs: the inability of links to see the end of a link if the character wasn't equal to a space, now also the following characters are recognized as end-of-link characters: ")> , sometimes a link showed a "<" sign in front of it, an unordered list wasn't automatically closed if the next line contains a header, a table wasn't automatically closed if the next line contains a header.
- Text inside of a preformatted box doesn't automatically create links anymore.
- Our cascading stylesheet is now W3C conform, the html isn't, but we're working on that.
Build 15 List of Changes
- Increase the time-out for contributors that are logged in. This is now set to 15 minutes
- On some browsers, the contribution object is showing data from the browsers cache instead of the database. Fixed with setting ASP var. response.expires = 0
- A Hyperlink for ftp, news and mailto internet addresses was incorrectly inserted with the Http prefix.
- The cascading style sheet for the printer friendly page was incomplete.