Status VDF-GUIdance Webapp
The VDF-GUIdance website is under development again (yes!)
Current version is based on the seawax platform with internal revision 0.92, it took a long time before the switch over to seawax happened. This is a much smoother base platform as the old webapp.
The current status? Have it support at least the same as the old webapp, minus a bunch of annoying bugs meanwhile making the website easier to use. ~ Wil, July 2015
More details are below at "List of Changes"
The previous version of the Web Application was version 3 build 16, dated May 31, 2002 (yes a webapp that ran and ran and ran for over 13 years...)
There are still a couple of known bugs in the system and a number of features that we want to implement in the future.
We have added a list of To-Do's and known bugs in here, in order to give you an idea about what still needs to be done.
These are listed in no particular order and may change as part of the list also many years old.
List of Changes
2015/10/17 - Wiki engine now also supports https for autolinking and named links.
2015/10/07 - Select uploaded image on contribution was broken.
2015/10/02 - Adding contribution threw error as it had a reference to a table that is not in the save structure (thanks Raphael for the report). Publish contribution threw a rt error on trying to use the persists mail component, switched to not depend on persists anymore. Fix display draft posts for users when logged in as user.
2015/07/27 - Removed Google Advertisements from the site. According to google the site generated 44 euro cents in 11 days of which 42 cents was from somebody clicking an ad, most likely by accident.
Just got an email that I had to add a "this site has cookies" popup according to EU regulations.
Too much trouble for maybe 20 euro's/year, easier to just remove the cruft.
2015/07/23 - Sync with Seawax webshop code (without the webshop parts) this improves seawax logging so that we can better track errors.
2015/07/21 - Edit summary for contribution was only offered for Admin, now contributor can edit as well.
2015/07/21 - Contribution page, fixed aligning on Google ad, added a style and text header.
2015/07/16 - Fix new user credentials to have enough credentials to actually work, with thanks to Raphael Theiler for reporting.
2015/07/16 - Added Google AdSense advertisements to main page, most top level pages and the contribution page.
2015/07/15 - By default now newest contribution is on top in the packages/software etc.. so that they also behave like the What's New section. The order can be changed. In addition you can now also hide the details in the list so that it is easier to find what you are after.
2015/07/15 - The ability to edit the contribution summary was lost after our migration. This has been addressed.
2015/07/15 - Admin, capability to filter search engines out of current session overview.
2015/07/15 - Admin, a button to generate a sitemap.xml and robots.txt for our search engine overlords.
2015/07/11 - Removed "publish" button if contribution already published.
2015/07/11 - The print buttons on the pages did include to much CSS, causing the background to be in black.
2015/07/11 - Removed the "read more" links on the overview pages, you now click on the subject to view the details. The details page now also has a summary with the former details at the top right of the page.
2015/07/10 - Changed wiki parser to insert DataFlex icon when the download file is a DataFlex file, such as .pkg, .vw, .rv, .dg, .dd, .sl
2015/07/10 - Fix the missing http prefix on some of the author website URL by inserting them when displaying author site.
Higher up from here we're no longer working on "build" bases, but using continuous operations model. Dates are military format.
Build 16 List of Changes
Build 15 List of Changes
- Increase the time-out for contributors that are logged in. This is now set to 15 minutes
- On some browsers, the contribution object is showing data from the browsers cache instead of the database. Fixed with setting ASP var. response.expires = 0
- A Hyperlink for ftp, news and mailto internet addresses was incorrectly inserted with the Http prefix.
- The cascading style sheet for the printer friendly page was incomplete.
Build 14 List of Changes
- When a hyperlink is used for the read more text belonging to a contribution, the system tried to link to an internal dynamic page, while it should become a download link
- Added hyperlink encode logic for company website and other external links to try and prevent incorrect hyperlinks.
- Improved readability by making some changes to the site's layout.
- Some parts of the site were really ugly when using Netscape.
- Increased fontsizes to improve readability on screen resolutions above 800*600
- Removed all the onMouseOver events in the CMS part of the site in favour for a technique that uses buttons instead. This suddenly makes our site' work' on Netscape 4.7
- On a resolution of 1024*768, the fontsize is too small and rows tend to get very long.
- Fixed hitcounter miscount when logging out
Build 13 List of Changes
- The element-style for contributions was corrupt which was very confusing when adding pictures.
- Added some extra session ID code for preventing time-outs. This may not be good enough yet, but will suffice for now.
- Fixed a problem which prevented drafts to be shown for contributors.
- Removed incorrectly placed logout buttons in admin mode.
- Increased the size of the date fields on the editcontribution template.
- Added a 'Back'-button to the contribpage template. Now supported under all viewmodes.
- Uploading files to the site suddenly stopped working, this was due to some links that were pointing to the same application but with different virtual directories.
Build 12 List of Changes
- All popup windows are now resizable.
- Moving (text)elements up and down generated errors when logged in as a contributor.
- Fields Age and interest removed from profile information. As Sture put it very well
"We are not a dating service" ;o)
- Printer friendly output page added for the 'read more' section on contributions.
- Implemented a hitcounter
- Contributions now have a date created and date updated.
- Database Clean up and worked on getting new content in the system.
- Static readme page reference field removed from asp.
Copyright © 1999 - 2021 VDF-GUIdance on all material published, for details see our Disclaimer.