CodeSpy scans files for class definitions, properties, functions, procedures, the baseclass and imported classdefinitions.
As description it adds the sourcecode comments. So if you have a well documented src the HTML document can be quite nice, too. :-)
- The created HTML is formatted based on stylesheets, so you can easily change the appearance of the documentation.
- All scanned classes are stored in a classlist file, so it's able to create cross-links, for example to the BaseClass.
- You can add the classes to groups.
- It's able to scan for dependencies. (Files which are included in scanned files are also parsed)
- It is supported to use html in your comments
- If you close a function with an end_procedure , then this is not catched and you will likely end up with missing methods in your generated documentation. This is easy to explain as the code will look for the first end_function it encounters. Any method before that isn't included.
Function HeaderIcon Returns Integer
Get ComIcon to iIconNumber
End_Procedure // HeaderIcon
- You must precede the method/property/class that you want to document with a single line of comment. Without that it doesn't get generated.
// This one is processed and added to the documentation
Function Working Returns Integer
// Not Added to the doc as there is a white line between comment and method
Function NotProcessed Returns Integer
- The stylesheet combobox needs the application to restart to see the new stylesheets appear in the list.
- Not all source was parsed, there was an artificial limit of 1000 lines, this is now set to 10000.
2008.03.14 Not all source was parsed, there was an artificial limit of 1000 lines, this is now set to 10000.
2008.03.10 Nils Svedmyr fixed the stylesheet combo issue and added a number of shortcut keys.
2008.03.06 Nils Svedmyr added a nice application icon and a drop down selection box for your stylesheets, so you can add stylesheets yourself. They will show up the next
time you start CodeSpy. Code cleanup
2008.02.25 Marco Kuipers made the application VDF12+ compatible